Saturday, December 29, 2007
I am at day 4 of primary. Today I noticed that bubbles in the air lock had slowed significantly (about 1 every 3-5 minutes) so I took a gravity reading of 1.020. I was worried that I had a stuck fermentation so I stirred the krausen residue on the side of the fermenter back into the brew. My rationale behind this was from some reading I had done that a lot of brewers were straying away form blowing off because of the amount of viable yeast being reduced by doing so. Thus I though stirring in the residue would add the yeast that had been trapped in it back in to the beer. But now I'm worried that I just put a lot crap back into my beer that will make it taste weird. Since doing this I did notice that I am getting a bubble about every 11 seconds. We'll see what happens now.